Social Care Referrals

As a social art studio, there will be occasions where participants or collaborators of our projects need further help or support that we cannot provide. Because of this, we have collated a list of further charities and organisations. All of these services are open for self-referrals unless stated otherwise.


Support through artmaking:

Arts Network – This is a mental health arts referral service that you need to be referred to access.

Three Cs – For people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health challenges. Three Cs provide support for people living in Lewisham, Southwark, Greenwich, Newham, Redbridge and Hackney. You can get four different types of support for living: Community Support, Supported Living, Day Opportunities and Social Inclusion. Services are commissioned by local authorities or Clinical Commissioning Groups, or bought directly by individuals with a personal budget.


Support for young people and families:

Home Start – Home-Start provides direct support through their local Home-Start network – families are introduced and matched to an available volunteer.

Barnardo’s – A network of support services, from counselling to protecting children and young adults from abuse. Find a service by entering your postcode on the website.

The Prince’s Trust – Support for young people to gain employment, develop skills, and receive a grant to cover training or education fees. Find a service by entering your postcode on the website.

Young Minds – Urgent help available for children and young adults with mental health issues. They provide a crisis helpline and a beginner’s guide to the NHS’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) for young people and parents.

YMCA – Support is given through a local YMCA Centre. They provide accommodation, training and wellbeing support.

The Trussell Trust Food Banks – Foodbank service across the UK. Use their ‘Find a foodbank’ search bar.


Mental health support:

Samaritans – Free, 24/7 helpline for those struggling with their mental health. Call 116 123 or email [email protected]

Mind UK – Online support and information about mental health. Mind UK also runs a network of independent charities across the country for local support, you can find your closest Mind here.

NHS Talking Therapies – Free talking therapy service by the NHS. Your GP can refer you or you can refer yourself directly.

Age UK – Network of local services for older people in the UK. They also run a free advice line through 0800 678 1602.

Mental Health UK – A partnership of four mental health charities across the UK, providing free mental health support and information online and locally.


Financial hardship support:

Turn2Us – Register a free account online to check your benefit entitlement and search for financial support grants. You can find support for yourself or as an intermediary for someone else.


Crisis support:

The Red Cross – The Red Cross provides a range of emergency crisis support services including: Emotional support, Mobility aids services, Refugee services, Help at home, Financial support and Help to find missing family. They also provide a range of free mental health resources and practical advice on how to prepare for emergencies.


For support from LGBTQ, Queer Black, BAME and POC Charities, Organisations and Community GroupsManchester Pride has a comprehensive list.